Colors Flying High - Let's Play Persona 5 Royal

Uh… so she’s a bio terrorist with amnesia? Or do you mean Naomi, because Trauma Team is really more of an ensemble cast, and I’m… still pretty confident they don’t have anything similar despite being vaguely goth (and Naomi isn’t even a doctor in Team…). You’re more than welcome to make the comparison to series that you think P5 is ripping off but I don’t see any resemblance between Tae and The Prisoner.

MORT. DEATH. The card that represents Major Change, and a subtle reminder that You Will Die. This is the Persona series, starting with 3 anyway, with the best written social links I think… at least in my experience. In the Marseilles variant, Mort is actually meant to come off as LESS spooky. It is the Nameless Card, with only a number, because Mort does not MEAN death, it means “a change will happen in your life”. For me, the Death Card represents my transition, or moving to my own apartment.

As for how P5 presents it; whatever the change is going to be, it is going to be bad. The reaper is beheading the poor people, instead of putting them to rest. Tae is going to be a bad time for you, and is representative or Joker’s new criminal life; a hard and difficult change he’ll have to deal with.

Because they’re rad as shit but are structurally unsound.

Thinks about how my first encounter with Succubus had it charm Joker and wipe the party
Yeah sure Timrod. Sure.

Oh, right! It’s been so long since I played P5 the first time. It was Incubus who was your friend in the first game because he had Dream Needle and basically did fuck-all for damage. They actually completely de-fanged Succubus in Royal by replacing Marin Karin as their only spell with Dormina.

Yeah, I meant Naomi. That’s actually off the wiki, I didn’t come up with that. They did that based on the fact that Tae and Naomi have similar backstories and share a VA. I don’t want to go into it further because I don’t think we’ll actually see that until… probably after the third dungeon. Tae’s confidant is something you do until she sells the accessories, and then you stop doing it until the end of the game.

1 Like

Understandable. I’ll touch more on it when we get to there then, because uh… I’m having some difficulty seeing any similarities beyond very slight appearance and voice actress. Once we do learn more, perhaps I’ll see what they mean.

Man in P4 they complained about not having anything out in the country, but you could just buy medicine at the grocery store. In Tokyo you need to find a back-alley doctor to hook you up.

In other news, I appreciate (?) that even after all these years they still haven’t abandoned Angel’s amazing (?) BDSM blindfold design.

1 Like

The Angel design is excessively extra and honestly I’m all here for it. The lowest circle angels being literally bound and forced to serve God’s fits SMT’s depiction of the Law alignment perfectly and I’d never want them to change it.

Click Here for Update 9

9_2iVBrO_400x400: You might notice from the header that this update takes place on 04/27/2016 when the last update was 04/20/2016. This is because the routing that the 100% guide uses leaves a 7-day gap due to a couple of major social stat bonuses we otherwise would miss out on.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: When we left the dungeon on 04/20, I grinded out just over 100k yen. This is far more money than the game expects us to have. I checked, and unfortunately I don’t have the saves from this point in my base game run, but I can tell you I had a lot less money than that. The entire party is level 13, putting them two levels above the boss.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I’ll also briefly mention that the only reason I was able to grind like this was because of the replenishing gun ammo. There’s an encounter right outside the throne room that will always be two Angels and an Archangel.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: By using some creative moves (ie; having Joker purposely only shoot one Angel and then Baton Passing to Morgana or Ryuji to shoot the second one, then having them Baton Pass to Ann) you can pretty consistently get the last standing Angel to surrender.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We then get somewhere between ~800 and ~1600 yen in addition to whatever money we get from killing the other Angel and the Archangel, as well as a load of EXP.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The game gives us a log of everything we did in the dungeon once we leave… which is everything.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Several days of stat raising, part-time jobs, a few confidant events, buying nasty drinks, almost permafucking, and making coffee later…

Ryuji: “Couldn’t we have just sent one at the beginnin’ of all this?”

Morgana: “It’s not that simple. A Treasure won’t stay materialized forever. Once the impression is gone, the Treasure will disappear. I think it’ll last around a day at most.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is kind of weird, but what we’re doing is sending the calling card today so that Kamoshida finds it tomorrow, and then going in to kill his shadow.

Ryuji: “The hell…? That’s like no time at all… anyways, we can send a callin’ card right now, yeah? Let’s do it and steal that bastard’s heart!”

Morgana: “The Palace will go away once you take the Treasure. Make sure you’ve done everything you need to.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: In another strange homage to Innocent Sin, we can’t go back to a dungeon once we’ve cleared it. There’s an equivalent to the Abandoned Factory if we need to fight the enemies again, but anything we haven’t gotten: the stealable vendor trash, will seeds, anything in chests will all be gone. Thankfully, we’ve gotten everything we could conceivably need, apart from that one locked chest I couldn’t open.

Ann: “So we send the calling card in the morning… and carry out the plan by the end of the day, right?”

Morgana: “Correct. The effect won’t last long. Are you worried?”

Ann: “Heh. Waited too long.”

Morgana: “Perfect.”

Morgana: “So, who’s going to write the card?”

Ryuji: “Leave it to me!”

Ann: “Why?”

Ryuji: “Why? Why wouldn’t it be me?!”

Ann: “This is important. Are you sure you can handle the pressure?”

Morgana: “I must agree.”

Ryuji: “I really wanna get him good! Lemme write it… c’mon, please?”

Ryuji: “Yeah, I got this!”

Ann: “Hey, are you sure about this? If they find out our identities, all this work will be for nothing…”

Ryuji: “I know, I know!”

Morgana: “All right then! Tomorrow it is! You’d better not slack off on this.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The game gives you a tutorial on this, but the day you send the calling card for a dungeon is taken up ENTIRELY by sending the calling card. It used to be that it would take up the night time block too, but that was changed in Royal.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This sounds like the worst-written magical girl show ever. I mean, it’s not like Eternal Punishment had a cast made up ENTIRELY of adults, or that Innocent Sin had two adult party members.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The whole “all adults are shit” theme is going to be an ongoing thing. It sucks and I hate it. Let me just put things in perspective here: Persona 4 came out in 2008. People who were in high school then were adults by the time this game released in the west. Moreover, this game has an M rating.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: There’s a new crossword tonight. I wish they’d give you whatever letters you want so I could have done “BOOBIES” which I think we all know is the correct answer for any blank with seven spaces.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Even though we have more points in Knowledge than I’m pretty sure we did in Guts or Charm, we’re still not at level 2 yet.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I then spend our night crafting lockpicks. We got a load of crafting materials from the dungeon and they can’t be sold, so might as well.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We get a special marker on the calendar with Ryuji’s logo on it.

Ann: “…Wow.”

Ryuji: “Not bad, eh? I looked up a bunch of similar stuff online for reference.”

Ann: “Um, yeah.”

Morgana: “Your logo’s a little lacking too.”

Ryuji: “Okay, y’know what? Th-that ain’t true!”

Ryuji: “It got everyone excited, so it’s all good, yeah?”

Morgana: “…Look at that. A predictable reaction for someone who knows what we mean by distorted desires.”

Ryuji: “I think it’s hittin’ him pretty hard.”

Kamoshida: “So, you’re playing dumb? Eh, it’s not a problem. You’ll be expelled soon enough anyway.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Persona 5 Royal is bought to you by grape jelly. Grape jelly, ideal for screens of all shapes and sizes.

Morgana: “Judging from Kamoshida’s response… I’m sure we had an effect on his Palace!”

Ann: “Does that mean the Treasure’s appeared!? We’ll be able to get it today, right?”

Morgana: “It’s not just ‘today’. It’s ONLY today. The impact of seeing a calling card doesn’t last long, and it cannot be repeated. This will be our once chance to steal the Treasure.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The quotes are probably around the wrong word but whatever.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We are then automatically dumped outside of the palace. Thankfully, they did not change out the instrumental version of Life Will Change that plays instead of King, Queen and Slave.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I really, really wanted to do a video of me running through the entire dungeon to get to the throne room. There’s just one problem - while the game despawns most of the enemies, it doesn’t despawn all of them.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Yeah… reassigned. Sure. Reassigned to the corpse pile, maybe.

Morgana: “Either way, we win as long as we can steal the Treasure! Let’s keep going!”

Skull: “Man, it’s huge!”

Morgana: “What do you think!? It’s just as I said! Now we can steal it! Ahh… this shine brings tears to my eyes…”

Panther: “It kinda pisses me off. Why’s it so pretty? Isn’t this Kamoshida’s desires?”

Morgana: “T-Treasure…”

Skull: “Uh, the cat’s actin’ awfully excited.”

Panther: “What’s wrong? Is something…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is the one moment I don’t hate Morgana, because the Japanese VA does hilarious cat noises.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: If this was Lupin III, Kamoshida would step out right now and go “I saw this coming, so I replaced the crown with a crown-shaped cat food dispenser that I then dipped in catnip!” because that’s just kind of how Lupin III (at least, Red Jacket) was.

Skull: “All right, that’s enough, you stupid cat!”

Morgana: “Oh, um, yeah… forgive me for displaying such an insolent sight in front of a lady…”

Panther: “You were completely out of character too. What was that about?”

Morgana: “I couldn’t stop it either… to think I’d be drawn to human desires this much… doesn’t that prove I’m human!?”

Skull: “How should we know!?”

Morgana: “A-Anyway, you guys need to carry it!”

Skull: “All you do is bark orders… still, that was easier than I thought! I thought for sure there’d be some insane trap or something.”

Panther: “His Palace will disappear if we take this back, right? And Kamoshida will change too…”

Morgana: “…That should be the case.”

Skull: “Good. Now’s our chance then.”

Morgana: “To think it’d go so well… I’ve even found three Persona-users in the process… my judgement was correct. I made the right choice in making a deal with you!”

Morgana: “Nyahaha!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: And… here’s Kamoshida.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Shadow Kamoshida spikes a volleyball at the giant crown, which causes it to roll off into the distance.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We’ve now entered the Anime Realm, where Kamoshida can do dumbass ninja flips for no reason. I mean, I guess Joker can too so it kinda balances out.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Wait a second… why does he have two crowns? I get that’s an actual thing some medieval lords did, but still. You’d think it’d be more secure on him than in a vault.

Panther: “That rat bastard… that’s how he sees me, isn’t it!?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: No shit! How have you not figured this out already!?

Skull: “Yo, pervert. Were you waitin’ to ambush us?”

Kamoshadow: “I just made it easy to find you. I’ll dispose of you myself. Right here, right now.”

Skull: “That’s our line, you sexually-harrassin’ d-bag!”

Kamoshadow: “What a selfish misunderstanding…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Just take this line in. Take in how awkward it is.

Kamoshadow: “People around me were the ones who kept it a secret. Adults who want to share in my accomplishments, students who have the drive to become winners… they willingly protect me so that we all may profit from it.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: What is this guy, Dracula? Should someone call Richter Belmont?

Skull: “Profit!?”

Kamoshadow: “There are too many imbeciles who don’t understand that! Including naive brats like you and that girl who tried to kill herself!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This actually is fairly good, if still slightly awkward, writing.

Kamoshadow: “Drop the attitude, you mediocre peasant! There is no wrong in using my gifts for my gain! I’m a cut above all other humans!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Seriously this sounds like Atlus found the guy who localized Symphony of the Night and asked him to write Kamoshida.

Panther: “Above? You mean beneath. You’re a goddamn demon obsessed with your sick desires!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Meet Kamoshida’s true form: Asmodeus. Honestly, this would’ve been a lot better if it was like the earlier games where people just had evil Personas.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Unlike pretty much every other Persona boss fight, Shadow Kamoshida/Asmodeus is a very scripted puzzle fight. It was changed A LOT from how it was in the base game. I watched a video of it (because it’s been so long since I did it myself) and realized I was wrong on one thing.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: In the original version, you actually had closer to 100 bullets. The way it worked was that each character had exactly three full attacks worth of ammo - so Ann had 36 bullets, Morgana had 15, Joker had 21 and Ryuji had 12. You could only fire 1/3 of your total ammo count at once, though.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: In this form, the only attack Asmodeus will use is Volleyball Assault, which I’m almost positive was nerfed in Royal. In the original game, it hit 1 to 3 times. In Royal, I believe they lowered the chances of it hitting more than once to like a tenth of what they were, and the chances of it hitting three times to virtually zero.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: That’s one of the things I saw people complain about actually, was that this game was HEAVILY de-fanged from how it was.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I blew all my ammo at the start, which was kind of a mistake but didn’t matter. Once Kamoshida takes enough damage, he uses Libido Boost.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This causes him to take one of the pairs of disembodied legs from the chalice and eat it. Libido Boost regains 100% of Asmodeus’s HP.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This was also in the original game.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: At this point, Asmodeus uses “Lustful Slurp”, which boosts his attack for the rest of the fight. Yes, that’s Anne’s clone in the wine glass.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: And from this point on, the only thing he’s going to be doing is using Golden Knife to hit Morgana for a shitload of physical damage. I could’ve made Morgana guard but he has both Diarama and Media to heal with.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: According to the wiki, they boosted the HP of the chalice from 500 to 900 in Royal… but the chalice went down WAY too fast for it to be 900 HP. I only used physical attacks on it.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: With the chalice down, we get a Hold Up on Asmodeus.

Skull: “I always saw you as a condescending hotshot, but right now… you’re just a pathetic loser.”

Panther: “We came all this way to steal that! Will you just give up and hand it over?”

Morgana: “You still have the energy to say things like that!? Then we’re going to up our game as well!”

Kamoshadow: “I’m the king! If not, then who is!? How dare you keep defying me… looks like I gotta bring out the big guns!”

Kamoshadow: “Slaves! Bring over you-know-what!”

Kamoshadow: “Time for my killshot from when I was active and rockin’ it! Killshot as in… I’ll make the kill! What’s the holdup? Where’s my ball!?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Introducing the new phase to Kamoshida’s boss fight. This was mostly done to make it feel like less of a cop-out. I’ll explain what happens in the base game shortly.

Kamoshadow: “Too slow, Mishima! Worthless chump!”

Skull: “M-Mishima!?”

Panther: “Wait, what!? Why’s he here?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The writers really expected that we wouldn’t understand the whole “Kamoshida can make clones of people” thing even though Mishima is introduced as “Cognitive Yuuki Mishima”.

Morgana: “Calm down! That’s only Kamoshida’s cognitive version of him! It’s not the real Mishima!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Gold Medal Spike hits like a goddamn nuke. In the base game, he was scripted to get two of these off if you did everything right.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Meet Kamoshida’s version of Shiho. I believe she existed in the game files for the original game but went unused.

Skull: “Dammit, even Suzui too! You’ve gone too far, you piece of shit!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I have a feeling they cut this from the original game because they were afraid people would think that attacking the fake Shiho would be a permafuck down the line or something. They explain that no, it’s not the real one AGAIN (I cut it) before Ryuji’s line here.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: You know your game has issues when you have to explain this shit like six times because people are that paranoid of a permafuck.

Morgana: “What do we do?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: It actually doesn’t matter what we answer. Allow me to explain. You can stop the second killshot either by doing around 300 damage to Asmodeus or killing Shiho. Shiho is weak to everything to the point where just about anything will kill her in three hits. This is where you want to use your guns if you have them.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: By the way, did I mention I grinded Kodama up enough that it can use Psi? Psychic is a new damage type in Persona 5, probably replacing Gravity since Nuclear is back in as a thing.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Now, as soon as I saw this my brain immediately went places. Let’s say hypothetically that Atlus put in another stage of the fight where Kamoshida jams Fake Ann and Fake Shiho together in a manner much like the fusion dance in Dragonball Z.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Would the resulting monstrosity have three ponytails? Would they just up that to nine for the whole nine-tailed fox thing? Would it be one giant ponytail with a number of sub-ponytails like that seven-branched sword they used as the base for Morion Blade in Dark Souls 3?

9_2iVBrO_400x400: What I’m saying is that Akira Toriyama is a coward for not addressing these issues.

Panther: “Kamoshida, I’ll never forgive you!”

Skull: “Sorry, Suzui… I swear we’ll beat that bastard’s ass!”

Morgana: “We won’t get anywhere with brute force…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We can send any of our party members, but Ann will mention that she thinks Kamoshida can smell her. Ryuji is going to be the one to bring Kamoshida down. In the original game, it cuts right to this before the second killshot and you just keep beating on Kamoshida for a few turns before the person you sent takes him out.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I’d like to point out that in the tutorial for this, their party is level 9 - that’s pretty much where you’d be in the base game. We’re way overgrinded.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The rest of this fight is basically just doing attacks against Kamoshida as Ryuji slowly climbs his way up to the balcony. You’re not going to kill Kamoshida during this time unless you’re on a second playthrough.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: At this point, Kamoshida goes into a “dejected” state where he loses all of his defense. This fight was pretty easy even in the base game, mostly because I think Atlus realized how limited your ability to grind was.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Our party hits level 14, which is higher level than a good number of the enemies in the next dungeon.

Panther: “What’s wrong? Not running away?”

Panther: “Why don’t you run? Aren’t you a great athlete?”

Kamoshadow: “It’s always been like this… all those goddamn hyenas forcing their expectations on me! I’m doing all this for them! What’s wrong about demanding a reward for that!?”

Skull: “Now you’re makin’ excuses? We’ll do something about that distorted heart of yours.”

Kamoshadow: “Hrrrgh…”

Panther: “Scared?”

![obs64 2020-09-08 15-55-40-64|690x387](upl

oad://aXAlGt11vAOSl72n4ZfIIH0CZ17.jpeg)

Panther: “What will you do? Will you jump? Or would you rather die here?”

Honestly, it would’ve been great if Kamoshida’s shadow committed suicide just to avoid having to confess all the shit he did. Would’ve been a good callback to Innocent Sin.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This honestly doesn’t work. If Kamoshida wasn’t cartoonishly evil, it would work, but it doesn’t. This is like the fucking rat in Ni no Kuni 2 all over again. “Hey I killed your dad, not for any reason, just because someone told me I was physically capable of doing so” and then everything is immediately forgiven.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This entire scene sucks and I hate it. There’s a lot of ways they could’ve made it work - if Kamoshida wasn’t so over the top and there really was a question of whether it was worth killing him to make a point.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I would love to see this scene with the Persona 2 cast. There’d probably be a four-way competition between Baofu, Ulala, Tatsuya and Eikichi to see who could kill him first and shout “DIE!” in response.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: My cat does this all the fucking time and I hate it because it inevitably winds up with me getting my shoulders clawed. I had a lady at work ask if I was in an accident or something once because of how many cuts I had.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I don’t get why Atlus didn’t re-do these cutscenes because a lot of them look kinda low quality.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Same energy. I suppose you could say that Morgana really is just Cat-shihara.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This entire thing is so off-model it hurts. Usually, when a studio releases an anime on Blu-Ray, they improve the quality significantly because they’re not restricted to a TV schedule.

Ann: “…It’s true! We can’t go there anymore.”

Morgana: “What about the Treasure!?”

Ann: “…A medal? Wait, where’d that crown go?”

Ryuji: “What’s goin’ on?”

Morgana: “It means, that was the source of Kamoshida’s desires. To him, this medal is worth as much as that crown we saw in the Palace.”

Ryuji: “An Olympic medal… so, that perv kept clingin’ to his past glory and couldn’t let it go…”

Ann: “But… this means that Kamoshida’s heart might have changed, right?”

Morgana: “…Probably.”

Ryuji: “Our expulsion’s on the line here!”

Morgana: “This is the first successful example for me, too. However, there’s no doubt that this has affected Kamoshida’s personality quite a lot.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I should mention I watched this scene in English to refresh my memory on the original fight, and Morgana’s English VA SUCKS. I don’t know who they are, but they sound bored as fuck at all times.

Morgana: “The entire Palace disappeared, after all.”

Ryuji: “Ugh, I feel all antsy! Ain’t there a way to check now?”

Ann: “Right…”

Morgana: “Come on, why the gloomy faces? Be happy! We completed this with great success, you know.”

Ryuji: “We just don’t know if everything’s okay yet…”

Morgana: “I’m pretty sure it’ll be fine. Remember how Kamoshida’s Shadow said that he’s returning to his self in reality?”

Morgana: “Still… he did seem to regain his conscience somewhat before he disappeared.”

Morgana: “There are definitely those who have been saved thanks to what you’ve done.”

Ann: “Yeah…”

Ryuji: “Anyways, I guess we gotta wait. It all boils down to what’s gonna happen to Kamoshida… or if we’re gettin’ expelled for real…”

Ryuji: “…Right. C’mon, let’s go home.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I don’t know why they give you a second tutorial on this, but you can’t leave Leblanc after doing a dungeon or fighting a boss.

Morgana: “Lady Ann sure is sharp! I’m impressed. Basically, the Treasure changes the shape of things. Once that’s gone, that power no longer works.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This kind of doesn’t make any sense given that no one else changed out of their thief outfit. It would’ve been cool if they’d done something like Kingdom Hearts where the party’s outfits change in each dungeon.

Morgana: “Though the real reason I changed so quickly back then was because I’m so incredibly skilled! How’s that? Isn’t that amazing!?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I had already called what Morgana’s deal was by about the middle of the first dungeon and was completely unsurprised when I was right.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I actually forgot to capture how we spent our night action, so I’ll just tack it on to the beginning of next update. It’s nothing important - basically, Joker and Morgana spent their night watching reruns of The X-Files.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: By the way, total yen count: 144,945. Somehow, I don’t think we’re going to have too many money problems on this run.

Oh trust me, there are two things that Atlus will absolutely never get rid of. One is Jack Frost, the other is Bondage Angel.

Showing us Kamoshida’s Shio seems… tasteless, considering.

Though it does make me imagine that if she was to join the Phantom Thieves, she’d have an Alice in Wonderland themed outfit because Kamoshida sees Anne as a cat girl and she’s Panther as a Thief…

Yeah, I have a feeling that’s why they had the cognitive Shiho in the game files for the base game but never used them - my guess is that Royal is basically just restoring a beta version of the Kamoshida fight that was then changed into what it was in the base game (where you go pretty much right from destroying the trophy to sending someone to knock the crown off him).

I don’t see why they had to put that back in. They could’ve done it just as well with the fake Ann, since it’s been established that Ann was what Kamoshida wanted the entire time.

Unfortunately though, even as much as it would make sense, Shiho never joins the party. There is an Alice in Wonderland character in P5 Scramble, but it’s a villain.

1 Like

Of everything you could do with the concept of the Mind Palace to try to make Kamoshida not a one-note ridiculously evil villain and attach the slightest hesitation to mind-whammying him and making him a vegetable… waiting until after the final boss fight to do it is incredibly weak.

The biggest shocker for this update was that the anime cutscene animators actually had the fabric of Catwoman Catgirl Ann’s suit bunching up when she turned instead of being literally fused with her skin.

To be honest I don’t think there’s any way at all they could make “Kamoshida actually has remorse for what he’s done so feel some hesitation with killing him” work, because… I mean who cares? Even if we remove the more ridiculous, exaggerated aspects of his character… he stilled raped a child that is in his care. No hesitation.

In universe context it makes sense for Anne to be like “you deserve to be alive, only to pay the consequences for your actions”, but out of universe and I think if any of us was in that position, the Phantom Thieves would be a bit more blooded than they currently are.

I hadn’t actually noticed that! That’s shockingly good attention to detail, especially given the context of “ah, sexy cat suit girl”. Making it actually look the way it would realistically, even if for a moment, is cool.

Honestly I was confused during that scene because up to that point I’d just assumed that killing Shadow Kamoshida would have no effect on the real Kamoshida. Obviously it would, because they said it would, that’s just not the vibe I’d been getting.

The sparing-the-villain’s-life scene is a stock scene, but it doesn’t feel like it belongs in this game. Though that could be said of like half of P5.

1 Like

Kamoshida really doesn’t deserve mercy, but if they wanted to go down the “spare him” route, they could have had someone say “hey let’s not cause mental shutdowns regardless of who the victim is. Our only frame of reference is a cat who also doesn’t know entirely how this works, we can’t say this is a perfect crime.” Granted they’re all teens and that might not be their first thought, but Joker’s heard a lot of NPCs mention mental shutdowns. He’s aware.

Yeah having it brought up that “hey the last person I heard go mental shut down crashed a train. He might start killing people if we break him”, that’s a thing!

Click Here for Update 10

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Welcome to the tail end of 4/20, where we’ll be using a bunch of days to get special stat boosts that we’d miss out on had we actually gone right from the dungeon on 4/20 to fighting Kamoshida on 04/22.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: John Persona spends the night of 04/20 studying. Studying has a special mechanic where if you do it on a rainy day, you get 5 points to Knowledge instead of 2.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: How about Bittorrent? Anyway, this is a pretty big hint as to why we’re actually bothering with the DVD player. In the original game, the DVD store charged you to rent a DVD and then you had to return it by a specific date or pay a late fee. It sucked.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Keep in mind that Netflix was very much a thing in 2015 and 2016 and DVD rental stores were just as dead as they are today, because this game is written by boomers.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The DVD store was completely changed in Royal to be a one-time fee that then lets you borrow as many DVDs as you’d like with no late fees.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: On the train platform, we have Ann pester us about sending the calling card. The game will do this no fewer than seven times before the end of this update.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Nag number two.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The after school block of 04/21 gets spent studying in the library. Early on, the library works kind of strangely: on any day where it’s not raining, John Persona will get too distracted by students talking about him and get 2 Guts and 2 Knowledge. On rainy days, we get 5 knowledge just like studying at Leblanc.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Tonight, we’re going to get a new confidant. This happens to be the first night we could possibly unlock Sojiro as a confidant, so we’re doing that.

Sojiro: “Good. There’re a lot of things I want to ask you. I’ll clean up, so just wait there.”

Sojiro: “You’re not causing any trouble, are you?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Causing trouble? In the neighborhood? Of course not. No, I’m not linking the song because I’m saving that.

Sojiro: “Good. I’ve gotta report to your probation officer twice a month. It’s already a pain in the ass as is, so don’t make me have to write even more crap.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I mean, apart from all the times the cops turned out to be demons. Like in Persona 1, or Devil Survivor if I remember right.

Sojiro: “You can go and get yourself killed if you want, but don’t go dragging other people into your mess.”

Sojiro: “The last thing we need is more idiots like you roaming around.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: You might notice that Sojiro is an asshole. This will change very rapidly.

Sojiro: “…I know. The usual, right? Okay. I’ll see you later.”

Sojiro: “As you can see, I’m pretty damn busy both at work and in my private life. If you could lend a hand, it’d really be a great help…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Says the man who owns a cafe where we’ve only ever seen one customer in it at a time.

Sojiro: “Now we’re talking. Either way, I won’t ask you to work for free. If you agree to help me, then… I’ll teach you how to make the perfect cup of coffee. Not a bad trade, eh?”

Sojiro: “All right. Looks like we’ve got ourselves a deal.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: What I’m saying is, someone had to have taught you how to make coffee! There’s no way you could rob a casino without knowing how to make coffee! I don’t even know how to make coffee! and then it cuts to Sae in her apartment opening a container of instant coffee and trying to eat it dry.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Getting the Hierophant confidant doesn’t do anything directly apart from give extra EXP to Hiero Personas. What it eventually unlocks is the ability to make coffee (which takes time but gives you SP healing items) and curry (same but for HP) at night. This is why we needed Berith, by the way.

Sojiro: “Gotta say, I’m glad you catch on quick with this stuff. Makes my life a lot easier. Just keep doing what you can. And don’t cause any trouble, alright?”

Sojiro: “Glad to hear it. For today though, just make sure you lock the place up.”

Sojiro: “And don’t go too crazy with the stuff in the shop. You’re staying here rent-free, so you should know not to go overboard. All right, see you tomorrow.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We have no reason to go there.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Also, where the fuck are there arcades in 2016? Seriously tell me, I want to know. The last one in Connecticut closed down years ago and now it’s all shitty bars with a single Neo-Geo or a CPS2.

Morgana: “Why does it seem like products that come from overseas always work? Maybe it’s the unique taste? And there’s a delinquent, huh? Well, compared to Shadows, he shouldn’t be any trouble.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Now, you might think that the delinquent would be a confidant hint. It’s not. There IS a confidant that happens at an arcade… but it’s not that one.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is kind of unimportant. The school store does in fact sell a single Yakisoba Pan every Friday, and it’s basically Tae’s most basic healing item for like 1/5th of the price.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: As for what that is, I had to look it up because I honestly had no idea. It’s basically bread in the shape of a hot dog roll with noodles where the hot dog would go. There’s usually meat and some other stuff in there too.

Morgana: “Huh, I guess there’s a lot in this world you can only get for a limited time or during certain seasons…”

Morgana: “Right? Do you want to try and find some?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Nag count: 3.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: John Persona goes and gets his yakisoba pan. If you ask me, the only seasonal thing that belongs in a hot dog roll is one of the footlong hot dogs they sell at this small supermarket chain here in Connecticut. I really wish they sold those year-round.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We can also run into Kamoshida in the hallways, who will come up and start complaining about how much he hates us. Not going to bother posting the entire 10-dialog-box thing unless people really want it for some reason, but just imagine him reciting the Navy Seal copypasta because that’s basically what he does.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Our actual goal is to get John Persona a job. This is done using one of the two magazine racks in the subway station, because again, game written by boomers.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: There’s three jobs available. Triple Seven is a convenience store in Shibuya. Rafflesia is the flower shop where we bought the Bio Nutrients earlier. Ore no Beko is kind of special because we need to work it twice for a confidant later on.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I’m only posting this because basically every job has the same intro phone call, so I can skip it later.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: First, I head to Untouchable to sell off the vendor trash we picked up, and bring our money total to over 130,000 yen.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: On the way out, the Velvet Room appears in Shibuya. This allows us to fuse Personas and buy them out of the compendium even when we’re not in a dungeon.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Here we are, at what is absolutely not a Japanese 7/11. I had a friend who used to live near a 7/11 and it’s basically a vape shop now.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Keep this in mind. On the 100% route, I think we work at Triple Seven something like three times, and the other two are both on days ending in 7 because it gets you a massive Charm boost.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Nanami also gives us a quiz that I didn’t capture correctly where she asks you where the bar codes are on the milk. They’re by the company logo.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This also gets us another 3,500 yen.

Sojiro: “I see. You’re the only one here at night, so I’m not gonna bother setting a curfew or anything like that. So long as you’re taking school seriously, I don’t mind if you stroll the streets in the evenings.”

Sojiro: “But only around these parts, got it? You go back on your word, I’ll kick you right out.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We now have the ability to go out at night… on some nights, but only within Yongen-Jaya. We will need this later in the week.

Sojiro: “If you’re up for it, why don’t you learn how to work here…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is the first time we’ll see this, so I want to point it out. The first thought bubble means that we have a matching arcana Persona (in this case Berith) and will be getting the extra confidant point. This bubble will only appear once you’ve gotten Rank 1. If you are going for 100% and you don’t see this bubble? That’s a permafuck. Note that you do not need Berith equipped, only in your roster.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The second bubble tells us that this will be a guaranteed rank up event.

Sojiro: “So you do get it. All right, put your stuff down and come back here. It’s about time one of the regulars arrives. She’s a talkative one…”

Sojiro: “You know what I’m talking about, right?”

Sojiro: “This store’s not the busiest around, but I’m real particular about how we do things here. And I’ll kick you out no questions asked if you serve a bad cup, you got that?”

Sojiro: “What can I say, each of my regulars gets an experience personally tailored to them.”

Sojiro: “Sorry, that’s a trade secret. You’re free to try and guess based on the taste, though.”

Sojiro: “How about a nice dessert then? It’s only three hundred yen.”

Sojiro: “That’s what being in food service is all about.”

Sojiro: “Welco-”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Newman!

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Shame if someone was to drink all the Snapple.

Sojiro: “Your order?”

Sojiro: “Your order, sir?”

Sojiro: “Ugh… I don’t know where he caught wind of this place.”

Sojiro: “Heh, I guess you have an eye for some things after all. Anyway, if you have time for questions, you have time to be learning about bean types.”

Sojiro: “You’re not going to be any use to me if you can’t pick up on the ABCs sometime soon.”

Sojiro: “Besides, ladies love a guy who knows his coffee. This isn’t such a bad deal for you.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Now, if this was Innocent Sin, this would be a choice point where you could make Joker gay or bisexual. Instead, we HAVE TO use the top answer for full points.

Sojiro: “Heh, if only you were this obedient all the time. Either way, I’m gonna teach you right. That way, I’ll be able to sit back and relax while you work.”

Sojiro: “Let’s start closing up. And no slacking off, you got it?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We also get some extra points in kindness for watching Sojiro tell some guy to fuck off. That’s customer service.

Sojiro: “I forgot to ask for your cell number, so I had to dig it out of your papers. A real hassle, let me tell you.”

Sojiro: “Anyway, you done closing up yet? I’m gonna have you handle that from now on, so you better learn now.”

Sojiro: “Seems like you’re a quick study, so I hope you get the hang of it.”

Sojiro: “…But man. Not sure how I feel about calling up a guy’s phone.”

Sojiro: “Anyhow, we’ll get the routine ground into you. That way, I might be able to take it easy.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: You just fucking said that not even minutes ago!

Sojiro: “All right, don’t stay up too late.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Just like Persona 3 and Persona 4, there’s a home shopping show on Sundays. Everything they sell is incredibly overpriced. Also, who the fuck still watches those? Do those even exist anymore?

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Nag count: 4

Inui: “You kids are lucky to receive direct instruction from a world-famous athlete like him.”

Inui: “Sports have been regarded as sacred things that invigorate people since ancient times, so much that an emperor himself even participated once.”

Inui: “Mishima-kun. Do you know the name of the Roman emperor who participated in the Olympics?”

Inui: “That said, you don’t seem too into sports, Kurusu-kun.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: So one thing I found out is that they actually changed all of the school questions from the base game to Royal. In the base game, the question was which sport Nero added to the Olympics (music and acting). Amusingly enough, most of the results I got when I looked this up were guides for the base game.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is true, but it doesn’t really give you the whole picture. Nero didn’t just win at those three events, he won every single gold medal even though he didn’t enter most of the competitions simply because he was the emperor. Amusingly, he did enter the chariot race and used a team of 10 horses (as opposed to 4) which caused him to crash almost immediately but still “won”.

Inui: “Correct. Hm. It seems you’ve been studying after all. Nero won many awards in all kinds of competitions. All rigged in his favor, of course.”

Inui: “Because of these selfish actions - not to mention a lecherous side - he became known as a despot.”

Inui: “That said, recently people have begun reevaluating Nero’s reign. Regardless though, he was lacking in sportsmanship. He should have taken a page out of Kamoshida-kun’s book! Hahaha!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is kind of fucked up when you realize that he probably knows about Kamoshida and won’t say anything.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Nag counter: 5.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We spend the after school hours studying for 2 points in guts and 2 points in knowledge.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: And at night, we use our new ability to brew coffee - it’s both a stat booster for charm and gets us a point towards Sojiro’s confidant. There’s actually unique dialog for these so I’ll let this play out.

Sojiro: “You used Blue Mountain, huh?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Coffee snobs are the worst kind of people. They’re like audiophiles, only worse.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I don’t even drink coffee and I know half of this is bullshit that someone at Atlus read in a snob magazine.

Sojiro: “…the flavor profile is bland. You should practice more to bring out the roast’s full potential. Although, I see you’re preparing the cup the way I taught you. I’ll acknowledge your hard work.”

Sojiro: “You look like a real barista standing at the counter like that. It seems like you’re following all the rules and instructions I gave you.”

Sojiro: “I can’t believe this kid in front of me is a troublemaker with a criminal record… well, there’s no need to have a lengthy conversation about this. Just keep up with your training.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Welcome to 04/24, where I forgot to capture the calendar animation.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I checked the shit on TV and it’s all overpriced. The “Share of Spring” set has some SP restoratives and a couple of crap healing items we don’t care about, the other is status recovery.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Our first actual job today, as it will be every Sunday until our social stats are maxed out, is to go to the drink stand in the subway and buy aojiru. Aojiru is a stat boost that does not take time but is rather expensive at 5,000 yen per. The stat boost rotates each week.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Aojiru is a drink with a name that literally means “green juice”. It’s made from kale and probably tastes like shit because kale tastes like gasoline.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We grip and sip, and that’s how we get to rank 2 charm.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: It’s a good thing we did, too. We needed rank 2 charm in order to work at the plant store.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Before we work there, I buy enough Bio Nutrients to last us until we unlock the ability to buy better ones.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Unlike the convenience store, the dialog here is very short. Next time we work here, it’ll be a bit longer.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We spend the evening doing another thing you can only do on Sundays.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: First, I buy some placenta water because that’s a perfectly normal thing to drink. All of the vending machine drinks are either 100 or 150 yen each and restore a tiny amount of SP.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Just like the old guy says, every Sunday, the local bathhouse has a “medicinal bath” which raises social stats. I think the bathhouse raises charm every time, but I might be wrong and it might rotate like the aojiru does. It costs 500 yen, which is pretty reasonable.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Honestly, after the whole “gamer girl bathwater” debacle, the image in my mind of a “medicinal bath” is a guy at a lever shouting “LOWER THE MEDICINAL GAMER GIRL!” and then a generic Twitch streamer gets lowered into the bath like a human tea bag.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This gets us I believe 5 points in charm.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: On the 25th, we get a seat on the train, which allows us to read Pirate Legend.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I don’t know if I’d call having your crew mutiny and then being executed by the English government an exciting adventure, but it does get us 5 points in Guts.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The morning dialog is another “hey this thing exists” about the local movie theater. We will be going there, but not anytime soon.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I should’ve said not telling because John Persona has never seen a movie before.

Morgana: “I get you! They’re just so cathartic to watch! When I turn back into a human, it might not be so bad to make our debut on the silver screen…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The movie would be called “Go To Bed” and would be three hours of Joker desperately trying to escape Leblanc only to find Morgana at the door.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I mean, I could care less about how bad the writing and localization is in this game, but I won’t.

Kawakami: "I’ve seen this a lot these days, where people are using a phrase differently from its real meaning. It reminds me of something I’ve been hearing politicians saying: ‘My country, right or wrong.’ "

Kawakami: “They wouldn’t be saying it so stubbornly if they knew how it was originally used. All right, Takamaki-san. Can you tell me how its meaning has changed?”

Ann: “Huh!? Oh, uh, yeah! I mean-”

Morgana: “Hey, Lady Ann is obviously panicking! Be a good guy and help her out!”

Ann: “Crap - Hey, Akira, can you give me a hint here? What’s that phrase originally meant to convey? ‘My country, right or wrong’?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I mean, this one should be pretty obvious if you speak English. In fact, about the only way it makes sense for Ann not to know this is if she doesn’t speak English… but unlike Lisa Silverman, I’m pretty sure she actually does.

Ann: “Oh, right! Like, it doesn’t matter what they do - you’ll always support it.”

Ann: “But the original meaning is different? So I guess it’d be something like…”

Kawakami: “That is correct. The phrase was originally meant to inspire you to take responsibility for keeping your country on the right path.”

Kawakami: “The full quote is 'My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong to be set right.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This quote is attributed to Carl Schurz, a German expat who became a Senator from Missouri and later Interior Secretary under Rutherford Hayes.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Schurz was a fucking asshole and a white supremacist who opposed things like the protection of civil rights for Black people and Ulysses S Grant’s use of the military to fight the KKK.

Kawakami: “So you can see the original was more about taking responsibility for your country’s future. Unfortunately, these days it’s used more to justify blind support instead of actually fixing social issues.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The thing is, the kind of people using it that way are probably the kind of people Carl Schurz would approve of.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We get two points towards Ann’s confidant - one from the question and one from having a matching Persona. We also get two points to Knowledge.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: In the afternoon, we make a trip to the library to return Pirate Legend and check out The Alluring Dancer.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We also swing by the DVD store, which I mentioned earlier was changed to a one-time fee. I never mentioned the reason the late fees were bullshit, though: the reason is that there will be points where the game skips multiple days at a time - and if your rental was due during that period, you’d automatically be late.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: These seem incredibly outdated until you realize that both MacGuyver and The X-Files had reboots in 2016. Beverly Hills 90210 also got a reboot… in 2019… which died immediately after it started, airing six episodes before Fox took it off the air, so it’s just out of date because this was written by boomers.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Ghost was a 1990 movie with Patrick Swayze on it that I saw part of at the gym once and wished I hadn’t, kind of like that time they aired Jaws 2 when I was on the treadmill.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Oh christ no. Good thing today isn’t a Wednesday or a Saturday. My idea of flower arrangement is “just kinda jam everything into a vase until it doesn’t fit anymore”.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Oh god dammit no.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Uh… Fuck.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Well, this is gonna be a permafuck. I didn’t save since right after the dungeon, and-

Normal: We’ll start with the gerbera. Gerbera daisies represent happiness.

Normal: The customer’s an older man, probably married. Get me a crysanthemum. White crysanthemums mean “truth”.

Normal: And finally, a red rose. You don’t even need to guess to know that these mean “I love you”.

Normal: She probably didn’t notice the “Jun Kashihara” byline on that book.

Happy: That’s understandable, though. I tend to go by “Jun Suou” these days.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Well, that was weird. Felt like Innocent Sin all over again for some reason.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: And now we’re at Kindness 2.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The night of the 25th is spent with Sojiro. Again. We’re basically doing this because there’s better social stat gains during the day then there are at Leblanc, and we can do Sojiro’s confidant at night.

Sojiro: “Hey, how’s it going? You getting any better at remembering how to handle different bean types? Now then… there are three factors that determine the flavor for a cup of coffee: grind, heat, and time.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: There’s three, alright. First is “Did you burn the shit out of the beans?”, second is “Did you use a filter?” and the third is “How much did it cost?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: It’s like those audiophiles who claim they can tell whether a CD was pressed in Germany or Japan by how “warm” the sound is, or the ones who claim they can tell the difference between a regular ~900kbps flac and one of the ~2500kbps ones where each track is like 200MB.

Sojiro: “First up is the grind. For the siphons we have here, we’re aiming for medium-fine.”

Sojiro: “…Are you listening to me? What grind are you supposed to use?”

Sojiro: “Right. Keep up the good work. It doesn’t net much profit given the effort it takes, but hey, money is money.”

Sojiro: “I’m not gonna forgive you if you serve our customers crap coffee though. Just remember that.”

Sojiro: “Yes, hello?”

Sojiro: “…How’d you get this number?”

Sojiro: “Now? Where? …Fine.”

Sojiro: “Sorry, something just came up. We can keep going with the lessons some other time.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: You know what would’ve been cool? If they’d made it so that Sojiro was actually the Devil Summoner protagonist and that asking “Is it trouble?” is the correct answer because if you answer the first one he gets suspicious that you know about him and Tamaki.

Sojiro: “…It’s nothing you need to concern yourself over. Just do the dishes while I’m gone. Oh, and remember to shut off the gas before you close up shop.”

Sojiro: “It’s nice having someone around to help at times like this. Turns out you’re actually a harder worker than I thought. Keep it up.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: With this, we’re already at Rank 3.

Sojiro: “Sorry about earlier. Had to take care of some business.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Yeah, you know, just a little casual devil busting.

Sojiro: “But don’t worry, I’ll put you to work. We’ve got lots of time on our hands.”

Sojiro: “Huh. You’re awfully obedient today. Well, as long as you help out and do your part, I’ll treat you fairly. Just make sure you turn off the stove before you head to bed.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Nag count: 6. There’s a 7th nag that happens tomorrow (which I may or may not have shown, I don’t remember) and that’s the last one before we do the boss.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Afternoon is spent studying for 2 knowledge and 2 guts.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This also levels up our guts.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: At night, we sit in Joker’s room and watch The X-Files, just like we did at the end of the last update. I forgot to capture it that time.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Unlike books, which give you a single stat boost once you’re finished reading them, DVDs give you a stat boost each time you watch them - so we get a total of 6 guts (three tonight, three on 4/28) over two nights. This means that it’s only really worth it to read books on the train.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: And that brings us to up to where we sent the calling card in the last update. Next time, more stat raising and confidants until we find out what happened to Kamoshida.

2 Likes

Aah, the gaining and grinding of stats. An age old tradition of Persona 3 and onwards.

Le Pape! The Pope! In english, The Hierophant or High Priest, in contrast to the High Priestess. Hierophant is the bridge between the divine and the mortal, symbolizing a figure that has gone through the Tarot and will assist you in traversing it yourself. A big, powerful force in your life, that helps you become who you should.

Persona 5’s Le Pape is… pretty stark. The two pillars that stand behind Le Paper symbolize Law and Liberty, and they’re so tiny on this card! In additional, he is only pointing downward, taking on the modern parlance of “rejected”. He is smiling devilishly instead of looking upon you with grace. Quite a nasty lad! If he’s watching over us, it’s not likely to be very well.

Given Sojiro’s seeming lack of care to Joker, caring more about his customers, and generally being an asshole (though meaning well, if we’re being honest) I think he fits the corrupted Le Pape quite well.

Kindness to one’s own self is a form of kindness, absolutely.

I don’t know, call me a cynic but I have a feeling that this Nero guy isn’t a great emperor.

Click Here for Update 11

9_2iVBrO_400x400: It’s 4/29, and it’s the start of Golden Week. I wish I got a week off like, ever.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Today, we first need to switch out our DVD. We trade The X-Files for a copy of “Wraith”, a reference to the 1990 movie “Ghost” with Patrick Swayze.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: While we have invitation from both Ryuji and Tae, we take Ryuji’s for now.

Ryuji: “I was trainin’ for nationals back in the day… but now I totally suck balls.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: If the yaoi doujin artists have anything to say about it, Ryuji’s been sucking balls for a lot longer than today, if you get my drift.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is a bit of weirdness in the writing. They were in the building… on a day when there’s no school? Ryuji even mentions in his IM that they had to use the back gate to get in.

Ryuji: “Huh? H-Hell no…”

Ryuji: “…”

Ryuji: “That don’t got anything to do with this…”

Ryuji: “… You’re right. Look, back then, I…”

Ryuji: “I haven’t changed at all… but y’know, you actually helped me calm down a little.”

Ryuji: “I’m glad you were here with me. Thanks, man!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Follow Up is a skill that every party member gets at Rank 3. It’s a relatively small chance (I can’t recall it happening too much in my base game run) but is a free knockdown if it goes off. The guides claim that the chance of this happening is higher on Safety and virtually nonexistent on Merciless.

Ryuji: “Now they’re just arguin’ with each other… I should stay out of it.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: On a side note, I started watching the LP of the Final Fantasy 7 remake and now I’m hoping the rumors about Atlus wanting to remake Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment never come true.

Ryuji: “I wanted to thank you again for today. I really owe you one, man.”

Ryuji: “I get pissed off so damn easily. I really gotta work on that.”

Ryuji: “Nah, this one’s definitely my bad. Besides, I can’t cause a scene. Don’t wanna get you pulled into even more bad shit.”

Ryuji: “Huh… I gotta wonder what they were arguin’ about.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Seriously though the thought of Innocent Sin getting a remake is just… no. You know they’d do what Square-Enix did and pad it out with random cutscenes of Kashihara teleporting around and taunting Tatsuya about how good it felt to plunge a spear into Maya.

Ryuji: “…but hey, I’m an outsider. Nothin’ to do with me. Thanks again for today!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: On the TV tonight is something special. Just like the older games, Persona 5 has hidden follow-ups for each of the Persona 4 characters on the TV on certain nights. This is actually about Goro Akechi, but…

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is the only time Naoto is ever referenced - unlike most of the P4 cast, she doesn’t get a follow-up. Why, you ask?

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Because she got her own spinoff novel, that’s why. It’s never been translated, but the wiki claims it takes place three or so years after Persona 4 (in 2013) and that Naoto is in her final year of high school - it’s got issues with the overarching canon and probably is non-canon anyway.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We spend the night studying at Leblanc. Because it’s not raining, we only get 3 knowledge points instead of 5.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We start the morning by reading The Alluring Dancer on the train. This will get us 5 points in charm when we finish it.

Ann: “…I wonder if Kamoshida really had a change of heart? What if we failed? That’s all I’ve been able to think about…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: John Persona is still processing watching the entirety of The X-Files over two nights. The truth is out there.

Ann: “We did do what we could. I guess all I can do now is believe…”

Ann: “But how strange… I feel a bit better now. Maybe it’s because of your composure?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: John Persona, not having listened at all, turns to Morgana and goes “I think she’s one of the aliens.”

Chouno: “What’s important is becoming someone else.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Okay, I can do that… oh god! What if I never really was American and I’m actually some random Japanese guy in a coma dreaming that he’s someone else?! What if this is one of those Your Name situations!? Fuck! Make it stop!

Chouno: “In this day and age, being able to swap your mask depending on the situation is a critical talent.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Anyway, Ms. Chouno is kind of a running joke because she’s over 30 and not married, but wants to be. The joke is that no one wants her.

Chouno: “How will you fare, Mr. Kurusu? Here’s a question. “Are you a wunderkind?” See if you can work out the answer based on what you know.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: That… that isn’t even English! She’s supposed to be the English teacher! That’s a German loan word! I also feel like it’s kind of weird that they ask questions that a lot of English speakers would know but Japanese speakers wouldn’t when this game was intended to be released internationally from the get-go.

Morgana: “Are you a wunderkind? Well, seems to me like we need to work out what that is so we can answer properly.”

Morgana: “Well, seems to me like we need to work out what that is so we can answer properly. My German is a little rusty, but I’ll give you a hand if I can.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This seems insultingly easy, but I’m told that they did not change this for the English release: everything is exactly the same as the Japanese version minus a handful of very controversial lines we’ll see later on at some point. This is supposedly why there’s a lot of questions about very obscure topics few outside of Japan are likely to know.

Morgana: “Right, wonder! So something… wondrous, I guess, or impressive. Next, the ‘kind’ part. That’s probably…”

Morgana: “Hm… let’s think about this again. Oh, huh. If the “kind” in “kindergarten” refers to all the kids in it… yeah, that’s gotta be it. ‘Kind’ means a child… or at least a young guy, in your case.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I honestly want to know how the fuck they did this in Japanese. Japanese has a word for kindergarten, and not a loan word either: it’s 幼稚園 (ようちえん) which is pronounced “yo-chien” and sounds nothing like the German/English word.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Honestly, it would’ve been cool if they’d done this with a Japanese word and tried to walk you through it like that for the English release. Would’ve felt less insulting, too. Sure, it wouldn’t have made as much sense from a story perspective, but I mean…

Chouno: “That’s right! I was asking if you were a wonder child - in other words, a youth of uncommon talent.”

Chouno: “But I suppose if you were able to think and adapt so quickly, that proves you certainly must be!”

Chouno: “Oh, the word ‘talent’ comes from the Greek ‘talanton’, a sum of money referenced in the Bible. The more skilled a servant was, the more coins they would receive from God - their talent led to wealth.”

Chouno: “The English word ‘talent’ didn’t originally have anything to do with our modern concept of celebrity. But the ability to change one’s mask depending on the situation is surely a talent given to one by God.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Somewhere, in a far-off space dildo, Philemon is holding up both middle fingers. A faint “FUCK YOU!!!” can be heard on the wind, followed by the sound of Tatsuya punching him.

Ryuji: “You really think he changed?”

Ryuji: “Well, yeah…”

Kawakami: “Mr. Kamoshida has taken the day off.”

Ryuji: “He ain’t here?”

Kawakami: “Don’t tell anyone that you heard this from me… but we received word that Mr. Kamoshida is placing himself under suspension. It’s such an important time before the tournament too…”

Kawakami: “Principal Kobayakawa went to talk to him about it, but he supposedly wasn’t making any sense.”

Ryuji: “Wait, a suspension!?”

Kawakami: “Not so loud!”

Kawakami: “The talks about your expulsions may be put on hold too… I don’t know too much about it though…”

Kawakami: “Anyway, I’ve relayed what’s going on to you.”

Ryuji: “Looks like something happened… at least it sounds different from a mental shutdown. I guess all we can do is wait…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Just like he says, Ann’s confidant CANNOT be advanced for about another week. We also need a base of 2 kindness just to be able to start her confidant.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: In the base game, this sucked, and let me explain why: in the base game, Baton Pass was only unlocked at level 2 and was done on a per-party-member basis. This means that you didn’t have it for Kamoshida’s palace for anyone but Ryuji.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This is obviously a parody of the 2008 film Slumdog Millionaire, which I had to look up a plot synopsis of because I’ve never seen it - it’s about a kid who gets accused of cheating on a quiz show.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Watching the movie gets us 5 points to guts.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: So wait, what you’re saying is… we gotta do… what? Gotta believe? Shit, how did I not do that earlier?

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Let’s just check the TV to make sure there’s nothing about Yukiko on there.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Sound familiar? If you didn’t read my Innocent Sin LP, this is more or less the plot of Innocent Sin - Jun becomes Joker and uses that to reunite Tatsuya, Lisa, Eikichi and Maya to remember that they all knew each other as kids when they played Featherman together.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I’d like to think that somewhere, on a couch in an apartment in Sumaru City, Tatsuya just turns his head and looks at Jun with an expression like he knows Jun did this.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We spend the night crafting lockpicks. Fortunately, I have a shit ton of materials so crafting 2 isn’t a big deal supply-wise.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This gets our proficiency to 2.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: It’s Sunday, and I think you all know what that means.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Time to grip and sip. This week’s aojiru gets us 2 points in proficiency.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: It’s also time for a visit to Dr. Femdom. Note that this is why we were kind of grinding guts as hard as possible - we need a minimum of 2 to advance the confidant any further.

Tae: “I made various adjustments to the previous drug, based on your trial results. All right, drink it down in one gulp.”

Tae: “…Ah, your reaction to it is absolutely perfect. You feel a bit dazed, hm? Yes, I mixed in some special… components.”

Tae: “Okay, let’s take your temperature and blood pressure. I’m also going to draw some blood. I also want to perform a few motor skill tests, but those might be to much for you right now.”

Tae: “Anyway, since we’re in the final stages, I should first stabilize the fundamental formula…”

Tae: “…Must be under the orders of the Medical Chief of Staff.”

Tae: “This kid here is my only patient today. If you’re asking for his medical expenses, I’m guessing I’m under suspicion of improper billing?”

Tae: “But without a receipt, I’d say you’ve been sent on a wild goose chase.”

Tae: “You’re being manipulated. That ‘report’ is fictitious. It’s nothing but an attempt to harass me.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We’ve actually been playing as Hisao from Katawa Shoujo this entire time.

Tae: “He’s stressed about taking his entrance exams. I have some drugs that help with relaxation.”

Tae: “So, is there anything else? As you can see, I’m pretty busy here.”

Tae: “I think we’re going to get along just fine. It’s nothing to worry about. I’m sure it was my former superior who made that false report.”

Tae: “You eavesdropped on our conversation the other day, remember?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: If by ‘the other day’ you mean like two weeks ago.

Tae: “He’s just trying to put pressure on me… by having the police investigate me and my practice. Anyway, I need to draw some blood. There’ll be some mild anemia, but only temporarily. You’ll be fine.”

Tae: “It’s part of our “deal”, remember?”

Tae: “I like kids who listen to their superiors. Enjoy your medicine.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: And just like that, we’re femdommed into Rank 2.

Tae: “…Only kidding. Okay, please lie down. You can go home once I’m done.”

Tae: “You still seemed kind of dizzy when you left, so I figured I’d check in. You know how it is. Some patients get sick on their way back home.”

Tae: “Yeah, you sound all right. Guess I’ve got nothing to worry about. I think you’ll be okay, but call me if you start feeling sick.”

Tae: “Okay, I’m looking forward to our next clinical trial.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: So I’m sure you’ve noticed something, and that’s that the phone calls are all kind of repetitive. I kind of wish that Atlus had just chosen to increase the number of points you get per correct twanswer rather than add these. They feel like they were written by an intern who suddenly had to come up with… just over 140 phone calls, if my math is right.

Morgana: “Let’s just believe in that while we wait for tomorrow.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: We spend the first night of May buying more placenta water, and then going to the medicinal bath.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I just realized that with his eyes closed, Kobayakawa has a face that is dangerously close to the Yaranaika face.

Kamoshida: “That is why I will confess everything to you all…”

Ann: “…Huh?”

Kamoshida: “I have repeatedly done things that were… unbecoming of a teacher. Verbally abusing students… physically abusing my team, and… sexually harassing female students.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Note that he never confesses to raping Shiho. This is not one of those things where the writer never intended for him to have raped her and we all took it the wrong way - he definitely did, and it’ll be brought up again much later.

Kamoshida: “There were even students that I sentenced to expulsion, simply because I didn’t like them…”

Kamoshida: “I will, of course, rescind those…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The thing is, that’s not typically how expulsion works in the first place. It’s usually done by the local Board of Education, not even by the school’s administrators.

Kamoshida: “I am truly sorry for putting innocent youths through such horrible acts… I am an arrogant, shallow… and shameful person. No, I’m worse than that…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Way to kill the mood, Kamoshida.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: There’s something about the way the principal is looking at Kamoshida’s ass that makes me laugh at this.

Ann: “Don’t run, you bastard! Shiho’s still alive even after all the things that made her want to die!”

Ann: “You have no right to run from this!”

Kamoshida: “You’re right… you’re absolutely right… I should be punished under the law and atone for my crimes…”

Kamoshida: “I did horrible things to Takamaki-san as well. In return for giving Suzui-san a position on the team… I… I tried to force her into having relations.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Part of me thought that “Oh, maybe Kamoshida didn’t mention raping Shiho so that the students wouldn’t find out” but then he goes and announces he tried to do the same thing to Ann.

Kamoshida: “As of today, I will resign from my position as an instructor and turn myself in.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: So what you’re saying is… you moved like a virus and tried to enter Ann’s skin? That we’re waking a monster that will drag us from our orioles of gold? That we should call the police, just call the police, text the cops, just call the police?

Ryuji: “Seems like it. But, was this really for the best?”

Ryuji: “You mean the police stuff? Well, that’s true…”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I mean, his entire confession was kinda weak. Probably would’ve been better to off him.

Ann: “Huh…?”

Mishima: “We all knew… but pretended we didn’t.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Anyway, since I don’t have much else to talk about now that the Kamoshida arc is over, let me just talk a little bit about how I’ve seen people react to Kamoshida.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: People who have played this game are usually divided into two camps: those who think Kamoshida is the best written villain in the game and those who think he’s too over-the-top.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: A lot of people in the first camp point out that Kamoshida is suspected to be based on a real person who is also an Olympic gold medalist by the name of Masato Uchishiba. Uchishiba was arrested in 2011 on rape charges shortly after being released from the Kyuushu University of Nursing and Social Welfare (where he was a women’s judo coach) due to complaints of sexual harassment.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The main difference is that Uchishiba was thrown out of the school pretty much the second they learned about it, and was arrested not long after that.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The people in the second camp tend to point out that Kamoshida is a little too over the top and that he’s kind of a cartoon character. You can’t hear it, but in Japanese, Kamoshida’s voice is very high-pitched and he sounds kind of like Snidely Whiplash. You wouldn’t notice it in the dub because they got DC Douglas to do it.

Ann: “No, it’s okay. The same goes for me too… besides, that’s all in the past now.”

Mishima: “I can’t apologize enough for what I did to you. …I swear I’ll make it up someday.”

Ryuji: “Looks like Kamoshida ain’t the only one that had a change of heart.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: My personal thought is that he’s just a poorly-written clone of Principal Hanya from the earlier Persona games. Hanya pretty much had the exact same motif that Kamoshida does - seeing the school as his castle - except he didn’t need to beat or rape anyone to make you want to kill him.

Ryuji: “Man, I’m glad for you. Looks like those rumors are gonna go away.”

Ann: “My thing doesn’t really matter. We made Kamoshida apologize about Shiho. That’s more than enough for me.”

Ryuji: “You should hurry and tell her about it then.”

Ann: “…Yeah.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: I thought about it, and I think there were ways they definitely could’ve made Kamoshida work better without being a clone of Hanya.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: One example I thought of would be what if they had focused on the whole “disbanding the track team” thing. Have Kamoshida be a narcisstic type who thinks he’s really great for winning gold in volleyball when in reality no one outside of the school really gives a shit - and that pisses him off.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: What he really wants is to be an Olympic coach or something where he could build a legacy, but instead he’s at Shujin. At some point, he crosses a line where his job stops being about his students and starts being about him, and then he fabricates evidence to get the track coach fired because if the track coach made nationals at the same time he did he might not get as much attention.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Have him be the kind of person who tries to destroy anything he sees as a threat to his goal, to the point where he starts gaslighting the best athletes on the other teams to get them to leave so they don’t distract from his volleyball team - and if they don’t, he makes their lives hell. He hates Joker for more or less the same reasons (student with a criminal record is a bigger story than he is) and hates Ann because she’s a model who gets regular media attention that he clearly deserves more.

Morgana: “I see… so we need to persuade the Shadow without killing it, and then send it back to its real self. Our targets won’t undergo a cognitive collapse if we do that.”

Ryuji: “So, we can get 'em to confess with no bad stuff? Hey! That works for me!”

Ann: “Do you have to be so loud?”

Ryuji: “Don’t worry about it. So… how’d it go? With Shiho, I mean.”

Ann: “She’s regained consciousness!”

Ryuji: “For real!?”

Ann: “It was only for a little bit, but I got to talk to her! I was able to tell her that Kamoshida admitted to what he did!”

Ann: “Shiho, she… she told me she was sorry. Looks like she found out that I was flirting with Kamoshida for her sake… and here I was, wanting to apologize to her.”

Morgana: “Kamoshida’s at fault for all this.”

Ann: “I know… Shiho’s mom is thinking of transferring her to another school after she recovers. The whole sexual harassment and attempted suicide… people will label her after that.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Oh right, so one thing my better-written Kamoshida doesn’t take into account is Shiho - and really, the answer is simple. Kamoshida tried to get rid of Ann by spreading rumors, and when that didn’t work started using Shiho as a wedge to force Ann out.

Ann: “Sounded lke Shiho had the same idea too.”

Ryuji: “It’s gonna get lonely…”

Ann: “But I think it’s for the best… I’m sure it’ll be hard if she stays here.”

Ryuji: “She’s alive. You can see her anytime.”

Ann: “…I need to change too.”

Ryuji: “That aside, I was surprised you could hold yourself back against Kamoshida’s Shadow.”

Ann: “It wasn’t like that… I just wanted Kamoshida to apologize himself.”

Morgana: “You’re so kind, Lady Ann.”

Ryuji: “No matter how much of a shitbag he was, finishing him off woulda left a bad aftertaste, huh?”

Ann: "Huh? That’s not it. I think revenge is better served if I make him repent. Realizing what he’s done, he’ll grovel for forgiveness for the rest of his life, you know?

Ryuji: “A-Anyways, that’s all settled… but you know, there was one more thing I was wonderin’ about that castle.”

Ryuji: “Why was Kamoshida the only one who had that Metaverse thing?”

Morgana: “It isn’t necessarily limited to him. It’s something anyone could have if their heart became warped from their desires.”

Ann: “Anyone…”

Morgana: “Wanna check it out?”

Ryuji: “N-Not right now. We better lay low for a while. People are still gonna be talkin’ about Kamoshida. Then again, it’s totally impossible for someone to find out what we did at his Palace.”

Ann: “Yeah, about that… weird rumors about you guys are already going around. Stuff like, you got together and threatened Kamoshida with something close to physical violence…”

Ryuji: “The hell!?”

Ann: “People aren’t going to easily believe that phantom thieves really exist. The calling card’s being treated like it was a prank by someone who knew what Kamoshida was doing.”

Ryuji: “Makes sense… we’re the ones who did it, and I still don’t completely believe it myself.”

Ann: “Let’s wait for things to settle down for the time being.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Okay so here’s my question. Could you abuse the shit out of this if this was a real thing by just going full on Snidely Whiplash for the sole purpose of generating a palace so people could “steal” your treasure and just repeat until you’re rich? I’m just imagining Joker pushing around a wheelbarrow full of cash and Igor pointing and yelling “That’s not how it works, asshole!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Anyway, this part about an Olympic gold medal only being worth around $300 is accurate. I looked it up, and as it turns out the medals aren’t made of gold - they’re mostly silver with a bit of gold mixed in. This is presumably because they don’t want the athletes to cash the medals in for money.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Silver has a spot price of around $27 right now, and that’s on the high end. The highest I’ve seen it go recently is around $30 an ounce. Silver is stupid cheap compared to gold…

9_2iVBrO_400x400: As you can tell, today is not a good day for precious metals. Today is not a good day for anything. Still, that medal would probably be worth a bit more today than it was in 2016.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Someday, I’m going to do a Let’s Play of the stock market. Just as soon as I find a good paper trade thing that lets you do it without paying and without having an actual brokerage account.

Ryuji: “There’s no way I borrowed thirty thousand yen from you!”

Ann: “Wouldn’t it be around that much with compounded interest?”

Ryuji: “Interest my ass!”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Fun fact, because Japan’s interest rates had basically been zero since the 1990s, assuming Ann was charging prevailing rates she’d basically get nothing.

Ann: “I’m not saying that I’m taking all of it. I mean, it’s your fault for not paying me back all these years! It’s just common sense!”

Ryuji: “Dammit…”

Morgana: “I agree on laying low and keeping an eye on the situation. However, you dragged me into this. It would be nonsense not to celebrate a successful mission.”

Ryuji: “I guess we could blow this dirty money on something fun.”

Morgana: “Discussions among phantom theives are to take place over luxurious food. How about it?”

Ann: “Hey, wait- …nah, I guess it’s fine. There’s somewhere I want to go then.”

Ryuji: “Where’s that?”

Ann: “It’s a place Shiho and I have been wanting to go for a while.”

Ryuji: “I owe money, so I can’t complain… you good with that?”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Joker’s thoughts immediately drift to how he could buy a new anime gun with that kind of money. Maybe even two. Get Ann an MP5 with Hatsune Miku all over it and he can get a gold-plated Desert Eagle with Rin Kagamine carved onto the barrel.

Morgana: “I’ll leave it to your discretion as well, Lady Ann.”

Ann: “I’ll call and check the prices later then.”

Ryuji: “When should we go? Wanna do it soon, like tomorrow?”

Ann: “Why don’t we go on the last day of the holidays? It’ll help energize us when school life starts up again the day after.”

Ryuji: “Then… the 5th, on Children’s Day.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Oh god, that last line. That gives me horrible flashbacks to Tales of Zestiria.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: If you haven’t played that, ToZ was both total shit and also very controversial among Japanese players. Why, you ask? One of the female characters who was originally intended to be playable got sidelined. She was a fan favorite among Japanese players.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: From what I heard, it was because the guy directing it was dating someone new and wanted them in on the project, so he got rid of the character and replaced her with one his girlfriend could voiceact.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: The new character was probably the worst-written anything ever - she’s a merchant who is actually the leader of the assassin’s guild, but don’t worry she’s totally a good guy because, in her own words “I only kill bad people.”

9_2iVBrO_400x400: There’s nothing interesting on TV and we can’t do Sojiro’s confidant tonight.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: What we do have is a new crossword!

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Clearly, Golden Time is the “just after midnight” time slot when Game Center CX airs on Fuji TV.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Finally, we end the night (and the last day of the Kamoshida arc) by studying.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: This gets us the much-coveted second rank in knowledge.

9_2iVBrO_400x400: Next time, we’ll do more stat-raising and confidants until the next plot arc rolls around and I have to grind a metric shitload of money so we can see some of the new features in Royal.

2 Likes

It’s a… bit more complicated than that. Also just a pretty good film honestly?

I’m thinking no. Your desires have to be genuine, I feel, to be twisted up into a Palace… and treasure doesn’t necessarily mean “valuable”, as the 300 dollar medal shows.

The only reason the game can come up with for not murdering people is that when you think about it Not Murder is actually meaner than Murder which is…cute? In a way?

1 Like

I’m glad that we got pulled into the mind prison of exactly Kamoshida and not the freshman thats beating himself up internally because he stole a video game.

With the Feathermen thing I’m going to choose to imagine Tatsuya and Jun just watching in silent shock going, “Thats not what happened. Thats not what happened at all.” Bet you its a gritty reboot and in the show they have Featherman Red and Feartherman Pink hook up instead.

1 Like