Ha, no worries.

>TAKE KEY
Taken.

11:49

>TAKE DEVICE
Taken.

[Your score has just gone up by one point.]

>X DEVICE
A highly curious device, like a wood-mounted gimballed compass, with dials and swinging arrows, inscribed “tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis”. The main feature is a white button. The easiest arrow to read points to 99.

11:50

>

X Key
I want to see what that tag says, might be important to know what it’s for.

>X KEY
The label on the tag is in some east European language.

>

Well, that’s… helpful.

push the white button!

>push white button
Nothing obvious happens.

>

Can we put the jigsaw piece in the device?

Twist dial backwards, I wanna see what 98 and lower gets us.

>put jigsaw piece in device
That can’t contain things.

11:50 PM

>set device to 98
No, you can’t set that to anything.

>

Hmm looks like there’s nothing to do with the device yet, might be a detector or something. Try going east then looking at the device again?

>E
That way’s even worse. Fresh air may be found to the northwest.

>

Well … Northwest then! then look at the device

>NW

Century Park

>x device
A highly curious device, like a wood-mounted gimballed compass, with dials and swinging arrows, inscribed “tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis”. The main feature is a white button. The easiest arrow to read points to 99.

This party is giving you a headache.

11:51

>

Let’s see what northeast gets us … I assume another side of the tent

>NE

Churchyard
A few remains of fences and a crumbling wall are all that divides the overgrown edge of the Park from this long-neglected churchyard, serene and dappled with blacks and greens. Ivy and brambles curl their slow arms around the stones, and the door of the Victorian red-brick chapel (to the east) has gone altogether.

A night-jar flutters from perch to perch along an old iron fence.

>

Let’s check out that chapel to the east

>E

Victorian Chapel
An odour compounded of desiccated, pressed flowers, incense and wax makes you feel somehow rested in this modest and now deconsecrated chapel. The old brass fittings and altar have been stripped, and the vestry to the east is heaped with debris.

In pride of place is a shocking modern-art statue of a man, and it is a kind of collage. He has an air-raid warden’s helmet, a sickle in one hand, a soldering iron in the other: an old-fashioned cavalry officer’s tunic and a pair of miner’s trousers, then Indian sandals.

>

What a shocking statue! Are any of the parts gettable? Try take helmet

>X STATUE
Written around the base, in large Roman letters, is: “Grad Kaldecki, 1917-95: Inventor, Sculptor, Philanthropist”, and his motto: “felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas”.

>GET HELMET
That’s fixed in place.

11:52 PM

>

I love this game. Tried to LP it years ago on the old forums, but real life got in the way. (And it’s why I’d consider “felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas” to be a personal motto.)
I’ll refrain from taking part in the hivemind, since I probably remember too much, but I might give some commentary once you put your own chapter conclusions up. :smiley:

can we check for treasure in the debris?