50 Shades of Grayscale: Let's Play 50 Game Boy Games!

Wow I COMPLETELY neglected to post the latest uncut entry! Well, here ya go folks. Enjoy the long trek to the devil himself. See ya tomorrow!

Part two of Final Fantasy Adventure is officially live! The saga of BOFA involves a lot of things. Falling, snakes, pathos, falling…but our hardened hero keeps finding ways tog et back up. I genuinely would love to know his secret! Anyways, as previously alluded to, we finally get to bump up the snake count! A HAPPY NEW YEAR INDEED.

Snake Count: 27

Quick lil post of the uncut I forgot to put out.

Welcome back tot he grand finale of Final Fantasy Adventure! Thrill as the tragedy keeps on piling, filling the world with a dire post-apocalypse. But hey, at least we get a chocobo love story. Yayyyy.

To add to the tragedy, I’m also here to let you know that updates will be put on hold for a couple weeks. It’ll be over before you know it though! See ya then.

Snake Count: 29

The hiatus draws to a close with another UNCUT entry! Experience the highs and lows of finding very stupid images, followed by getting uncomfortably heated discussing Kingdom Hearts. You’re welcome, and also I am sorry!

Mole Mania

We are finally back in action with a brand new episode! Can you dig it, sucka? I sure hope you can because we’re gonna be here for a while. In an act of true ignorance towards pacing, I have slotted THREE long video games in a row for this block. So grab some cabbages, hug your family, and strap in for some PUZZLES. Fun fact: Sakurai wanted Muddy Mole in Brawl back in the day! I’m sad we never got so much as an assist trophy, but at least we got a nice render of Muddy as a spirit. So that’s something.

Small bit of history to accompany this: on the road to Mole Mania’s release, Nintendo Power was absolutely convinced Muddy’s name was Digger D. Whether this was a misconception or a last minute change, there’s supposedly still a portion of people who just fully assume that’s the canon name. Weird!

ALSO: there’s no official boss portraits past the first three and Jinbe, so the crew and I decided to draw our own! Here’s a full res version of my take on MAD WRENCHER:

Snake count: 30

1 Like

fuck the robo ghost xenomorph all my homies hate the robo ghost xenomorph

Please enjoy another part of Mole Mania, in which we discuss such topics as: puppy chow, Smurfs, narrow hips, old forum rp, the meat bear, euphemisms for killing, Raid: Shadow Legends, Saw makeovers, Tarzan’s immortality, Batman Beyond, and frog asses.

ALSO FEATURED: beautiful boss art by our very own Beedrops and PublicOpinion!

It’s time for more UNCUT entries! This time featuring a run of a game that’s barely distinguishable from the edited version, and a run where the entire back end was cut! Funny how that works.

It’s time to dig our way to a conclusion. The culmination of another 15 hours of gameplay, cut down to the 9-10 range. I’m never doing another puzzle game ever again, so long as I live. At least this one had charm.

One last member contributed art for the road! This one from Wordse! I think everyone on board did an amazing job capturing that old Nintendo manual style for these images. I am quite lucky to have the friends that I do, truly and genuinely.

See you next week for one more sequel of a previous entry!

1 Like

BEHOLD the true capacity of bullshit that goemon threw at us!!!

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

WAHAHelcome back folks to another monumental entry for the series! 43 episodes in the making, we finally tackle the third entry of SUPER MARIO LAND, and truly its end as it metamorphosed into something much different. Wario truly came into his own going forward, occupying the portable sector for years to come. There were allegedly plans to make a new Super Mario Land for the Virtual Boy, but in the end Wario was chosen as a less tarnishable property for the experimental system.

As a lil bonus, here’s a pre-release advertisement from Japan, with an alternate title! (and also an ad for kirby pinball)

Plugging along with another UNCUT entry. Enjoy the full debate of beef and chicken, and probably some dinosaurs or something!

The thrilling and bounteous conclusion of WARIO LAND is here. Go for the gold as we power through group sickness to do this episode for some goddamn reason?? I don’t know what possessed us to actually power through so I hope you enjoy our loopy energy for most of this. I hope you also enjoy multiple endings! I hope you also also enjoy sexy Wario fanart!! Apologies if you hate every single one of these things.

1 Like

This is the uncut Turok footage where we talk about terrible injuries! Consider that a content warning.

Showcase #5: Modern Game Boy Games

SURPRISE! We’re hitting you with one more big showcase! With how this entire project came to be, and how much I sell the influence of the Game Boy, I’d be remiss not to include a segment on the world of modern Game Boy titles! Demakes of all shapes and sizes are fairly popular (Bloodborne for PSX is dope), but the modern Game Boy scene has a life to it that I haven’t seen too many match, most likely spurred on by the ease of access supplied by GBStudio.

This showcase features a variety of game types, from demakes of modern titles, original titles that capture the incredibly green spirit of the original portable system, and even romhacks! Speaking of which, I’d be remiss not to doubly point out the rad boxart done by Ian JQ for the Crazy Castle hack. Amazing work!

All the games featured are linked in the description, so please consider supporting the creators! See you next time!

Another uncut! Please, enjoy some unfiltered ape action.

Bubsy II

HOO BOY do we have an entry for you fine folks today. The concept of dedicating any more of my thought process to Bubsy is already making me want to curl up in a ball, so I’m gonna throw this update in here like a live grenade and run. See you next time!

Snake Count: 31

This uncut entry is weirdly embarrassing to look back on! I dunno! I hope you like it.

It’s worth noting that as of this post EVERY live thing in this series has been recorded. It’s all coming down to editing at this point. It’s been a hell of a ride there and I hope everyone here enjoys the rest of it in due time. Thanks for stickin around.

Star Wars

Our travels bring us to a galaxy far, far away! Join our intrepid rebel alliance as we fight the greatest enemies of all: momentum based platforming and fluctuating hitboxes! Also this is apparently wordse’s favorite so feel free to point and laugh. Not a whole lot to say about this one, truth be told! It’s just one of those gnarly games that gained a cult following, but once we could get our proverbial compass pointed, it wasn’t the nightmare it could have been.

The collectors boxes are pretty sick though.